The solution to the soft drink situation couldn’t be simpler because there are so many alternatives. The most obvious drink is WATER which happens to be the most thirst quenching. If you are wanting a little something extra, the following are all great replacements and happen to be good for you.
Six Easy Replacements for Pop:
- Sparkling mineral water with fresh juice added to it which will have the zing of pop.
- Sparkling mineral water with slices of lemon or lime and a few drops of stevia.
- Lemon or Lime or Orange Water: Put three slices in a pitcher full of water and leave for an hour and it will be gently flavored water. One of the benefits is that it will ALKALIZE the water.
- Water flavored with pure fruit juice.
- Lemonade made with fresh lemon juice and stevia to taste.
- Herbal teas sweetened with stevia. My favorite is a whole food drink based on green tea called Fortune Delight. Read about green tea in The Powerfood That Rules the World.
If you crave sugar in other forms, read 7 Tips to Get Off Sugar.
Personally I find that when I am balanced, nourished and not stressed, I do not crave pop or junk food. What do you do to avoid junk food?
Personally I think we all need to take responsibility for our own health but I recognize that many people just will not do that!
What do you think about “fat taxes”?
Written by Randy Fritz from Real Food for Life