A serving of chia seeds is one to two tablespoons per day. Some folks say the best way to eat chia is consuming the raw seeds, but that doesn’t mean you have to eat all of your chia raw. This chia recipe list includes some raw and some cooked recipes.
1. Chia cooler – Soaked raw chia seeds plump up just like tapioca pearls do. If you dig bubble tea, try this chia citrus cooler as a healthier alternative.
2. Banana chia muffins – Start your day with a dose of chia! Get the chia muffin recipe here.
3. Chia pudding – This makes a tasty dessert! Just mix up 1 cup of your favorite vegan milk with 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a bit of your favorite sweetener (to taste). Stir well and let it soak in the fridge for a couple of hours. The result is almost like a tapioca pudding but much healthier!
4. Chia chocolate chip cookies – Treat yourself right! These cookies use chia gel instead of eggs as the binder. Don’t worry, you don’t have to buy the gel…it’s just soaked chia seeds!
5. Cornmeal and chia waffles – These hearty waffles make a great breakfast or would even work well if you wanted to do breakfast for dinner.
Next: Savory Chia Recipe Ideas!
photo by Becky Striepe
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.