Chickpea Tandoori & Risotto
- Yield : 4-5 cups
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
I thought I’d do a formal post so you can go back to that plan and use this in place of dinners or in general make this and just love it – do as you please! It’s super simple and comes together fairly quickly.
- 1 cup Risotto or Rice (dried, any grain is fine)
- 2-3 cups Veggie Stock (broth or water is fine. amount depends on what grain you pick)
- 15 oz. Chickpeas (1 can)
- 1 cup Tomato Soup (or thin sauce)
- 1/4 large Yellow Onion (in rings)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp Tandoori Spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
In a medium pot, cook your rice or risotto as instructed. Risotto takes about 3 cups liquid per 1 cup dried, rice is just a 2-1 ratio.
In a large sauce pan, combine your tomato soup, chickpeas, seasonings and onion over a medium heat.
After 20 minutes on medium, drop the heat to a simmer and stir in your coconut milk or any non-dairy milk. Let simmer for another 10 minutes or until thick.
Serve hot over rice or risotto and enjoy!