A classic combination of spinach, mushrooms and caramelized onions is a wonderful base for this creamy and light quiche. It’s great for an elegant breakfast or brunch if you want to impress your friends and family.
2 deep dish whole wheat pie crusts/or gluten free
6 cups fresh spinach, cleaned
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons shallots, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon pepper
¾ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup 2% milk
1½ cup half and half
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg mixture in bowl lightly with whisk.
- Sautee onions, mushrooms and garlic in medium frying pan in 2 tablespoon of oil . Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and cook on medium high heat stirring occasionally to allow onions to caramelize. Once tender add spinach and cook until wilted, transfer to bowl.
- Place cheese in crust and then veggies. Pour egg mixture over veggies.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot or at room temperature
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes