There is nothing like homemade granola. It is super simple to make — not to mention healthier and less expensive than store-bought varieties.
Cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest add wonderful flavors to this granola recipe. We use a variety of nuts but you don’t need to use them all — just pick your favorites.†Granola keeps well in the fridge or the freezer; just pull out what you need at any time.
Cinnamon Orange Nutty Granola
Total cooking time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 8 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground or powdered
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar*
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut Earth Balance*
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- orange zest
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Mix well to coat.
- Spread granola out 1 inch thick in pans. Bake in oven at 225 degrees for 2 hours, tossing every 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Store in freezer or refrigerator until ready to eat.