Have you ever been in a fog during a meeting with your boss, or have trouble clearing your head during an important talk with your teenager? Fuzzy thinking can intrude when we least want it! This simple exercise will clear away those fuzzies when they occur. Learn how to take a quick break, get re-centered, and focused:
1. Stretch your whole body while leaning gently left, right, back and forward. Be sure to stretch your toes.
2. Stand with your feet a comfortable distance apart and bend your knees slightly.
3. Focus your mental energy on your third eye. Focus on a simple image of a ball of light. Still your mind, think only on this ball. Keep your focus on it until you see the ball of light clearly.
4. While looking straight ahead, bring your hands together, cupping them toward each other without touching, in front of your chest. See the ball of light there between your cupped, parallel hands.
5. Holding the ball of light, move your hands in front of your belly while still standing straight.
6. Slowly move your hands and the ball of light up your body to your forehead/third eye. Inhale deeply as you do so and let the light pervade your mind.
7. Move the ball of light and your hands back down to your belly as you exhale.
8. Repeat this process three times or more.
9. At the last inhalation, release the ball of light. It fills your mind with energy and clarity.
10. Relax. Get to work!
Adapted from Clean Sweep by Denny Sargent (Weiser Books, 2007). Copyright (c) 2007 by Denny Sargent. Reprinted by permission of Weiser Books.
Adapted from Clean Sweep by Denny Sargent (Weiser Books, 2007).