It’s all very well to say “Listen to your inner voice!”, but how do we do that when everything about our culture has urged us to tune it out, usually since earliest childhood? It can be a challenge to reconnect with the inner wisdom that is our ancient birthright.
This simple technique, taken from the ancient Chinese way of the Tao, can help us attune to the inner voice that is the most sacred spiritual vessel. Learn how, here:
1. Sit upright with your spine straight. Be simultaneously relaxed and alert. Place one hand on top of the other, and place both hands over your heart.
2. Listen intently to the sound of silence. You will begin to recognize a combination of spiritual voice and personal voice.
3. Pay attention to the most immediate direction and clear message. This is the manifestation of your inner voice.
4. Verbalize it inwardly, whether or not it makes sense to you.
5. Name it with no preconceived notion.
6. Meditate upon it as a part of the visualized journey of your life before it actually takes place.
7. Connect your own name with it. See how it conforms to you and your personality.
8. Make it work for you. It is the divine plan and your decision must be made now.