Who feels like cooking dinner on a hot summer day? Not me! Let’s keep cool!
Making a salad for dinner is simple. It almost never requires any cooking and only takes 10 minutes. I enjoy sitting on my shaded deck, eating a whole meal in one bowl!
Cooling Summer Dinner Salad
This is a super simple salad to make and it’s substantial enough to be a complete meal. Dinner is the best meal to fill you up with protein, and this salad has plenty of protein from almonds, pumpkin seeds and tahini. The ingredients are also detoxing because the proteins are vegan and easy to digest, and it doesn’t combine proteins and starches, also making for easy digestion.
I recommend that you double or triple the recipe. If you make a large amount, leave out the cucumber and instead add it just before serving.
Many of these ingredients are Powerfoods and you can discover their health benefits by following the links.
- Soak almonds and pumpkin seeds overnight. (read directions)
- Chop cucumber, celery, dill weed and lettuce.
- Grate carrot.
- Mix all vegetables with nuts and seeds.
- Serve with creamy tahini salad dressing.
Creamy Tahini Salad Dressing
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice at a time with tahini in a jar.
- Add seasoning of your choice and enough water till creamy.
- Serve on top of fresh green salad of lettuce or watercress.
Note: This recipe is often recommended in our Seasonal Diets and Detoxes due to its high protein and great taste.
2 More of my Favorite Salad Recipes:
Quinoa Arugula Salad: This recipe gives a yummy and nourishing salad for the summer. It is full of good protein from the quinoa and the pumpkin seeds.
Asparagus Tomato Salad: This simple luxurious salad was a hit the first time I created the recipe, so I never stopped serving it