As the abundance of mid-summer fruit mounts up, why not take advantage of the bounty by creating a nutritious fruitful arrangement? Food is often the center of so many summertime occasions. Not only does a fruit bouquet make a fabulous houseguest gift, these attractive seasonal displays can be dressed up to create a statement at summertime picnics, weddings and parties.
8 Reasons To Eat Organic Fruits
1. Reduce the toxic load by keeping chemicals out of the air, water, soil and our bodies.
2. Reduce agricultural pollution from pesticides.
3. Keep our kids healthy. According to the National Academy of Science, “neurologic and behavioral effects may result from low-level exposure to pesticides.”
4. Build healthy dirt by feeding the soil organic matter instead of synthetic fertilizers. This has proven to increase nutrients in produce, with higher levels of vitamins and minerals.
5. Food tastes better when lower in nitrates and higher in antioxidants.
6. Help family farms that are certified organic farms. Supporting these farms has a double benefit.
7. Keep GMOs out of our food supply. Right now, 30 percent of our cropland is planted in GMOs.
8. Eating local helps your hometown economy.
Next: DIY Organic Fruit Bouquet