Mothers tend to give so much of themselves, and in the process, can lose their sense of identity. The following are suggestions to help create balance and harmony in your life.
- Appreciate your abilities as a mother.
- Forgive yourself; even mothers make mistakes. Do the best you can with the options on your plate.
- Be aware that you are a role model; you are teaching your children with your actions, and behaviors every day, and they don’t miss a trick.
- Be content as a person. Handle your responsibilities with dignity.
- Accept your own worth, and raise your children to respect and appreciate women AND men as equals.
- Stay engaged with other family members, and friends — especially your girlfriends.
- Stay interested in the world around you. Try something new.
- Take a vacation with your spouse, or with friends, or both.
- Join a group or club that allows you to participate in a sport or activity that takes place outside of your house; preferably in the great outdoors. Nature is the best healer.
- Communicate, share, and laugh about your experiences with others. Even crying with other women can smooth out the ragged edges of your nerves when you hit particularly rough patches of motherhood.
- Keep your primary relationship (your spouse, or partner) on track. As overwhelming, all-consuming and exhausting as parenting can be, you need to keep your couple connection strong.
- Plan dates to have one-on-one adult time.
- Don’t lose your sense of humor.
Intent.com provides content and community for who you aspire to be–personally, socially and globally.