Fall is here! The weather is chilly and blustery, the leaves here in Atlanta are starting to change, and it’s time for some cozy eats. What I love about crock pot recipes is that they’re easy. Fall is a busy time for most folks, and it’s so nice to throw a bunch of ingredients into a crock pot and later have a yummy side dish or even a whole, hearty meal waiting for you.
There’s a common misconception that the vegan diet is all about crudites and salads, and when the weather gets chilly, those types of meals aren’t super appealing. There are lots of yummy, hearty, belly-warming vegan meals you can create, and the crock pot makes vegan cooking for fall a total cinch!
Related Reading: 5 Vegan Comfort Food Recipes
The crock pot is also a lot more energy-efficient than the stove or the oven. It takes about half the energy to cook your meal in a crock pot versus using the oven or the stove. That means lower energy bills and fewer carbon emissions.
Ready to get your comfort food on? On the next page, check out 10 delicious vegan crock pot recipes to warm you up from the inside out.
10 Vegan Crock Pot Recipes
The crock pot makes it so easy to whip up a filling meal without standing over the stove. Check out these vegan crock pot recipes to get you started!
1. Crock Pot Greens – Fall food is all about those dark, leafy greens, and this is a simple way to cook them up in a one-pot meal.
2. Unsweetened Applesauce – Applesauce in the crock pot is as easy to make as it is satisfying. You can eat this hot as soon as it’s ready for a cold-weather treat or save it to pass alongside a hearty fall meal.
3. Callaloo Soup – Beans, greens, potatoes, and coconut milk are the stars of this filling soup.
4. Thai Tofu with Butternut Squash – A little bit sweet, a little bit spicy. Yum!
5. Hearty Winter Stew – This recipe has directions for making it on the stove or in the crock pot.
6. BBQ Tofu – Do you miss summer grilling? Whip up some BBQ right in the slow cooker!
7. Vegan Lentil Bolognese – Pasta is the ultimate comfort food, and this hearty tomato and lentil sauce will fill you right up!
8. Curried Garbanzo Beans – Serve this on its own or over some brown rice for a tasty fall meal.
9. Vegan Pumpkin Chili – Few things say fall to me like pumpkin, and this mild chili recipe is delicious!
10. Fiesta Baked Beans – This is a fun twist on your usual baked bean recipe. Yum!
Do you have any favorite vegan crock pot recipes? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!
More Related Reading:
Image Credits: Butternut Squash photo via Thinkstock; Fall Apples photo by Becky Striepe