Many people believe that our bodies send us clear and important messages every moment, if only we would pay attention.
The Apaches, for example, take this “body language” very seriously, noting involuntary signs such as sneezing, muscular twitching, or tearing of the eyes and connecting these body signs with inward states of being and outward events.
Here is a simple, fun exercise to try so you can begin to decode your own body’s language: uncover the messages your body wants to tell you!
1. For two or three days, pay close attention to your body.
2. Watch for any involuntary signs.
3. Pay attention to how these can be seen as symbols of other things going on in your life.
4. Watch for what occurs in the period of time following these signs.
5. Anything unusual?
6. Is there a pattern? For example, are there things that occur every time you get a twitch?
7. Make a list of these occurrences and follow them through for a month.
Please join the discussion on Care2Connect: Your Body Language Stories!