10 benefits you can expect from doing a gentle ‘spring cleanse’:
1. Weight Loss Happens! Toxins are stored in fat cells. When toxins are eliminated, so are fat cells.
2. Beautiful Skin is healthy skin. Toxins in the body can destroy our skin with pimples, etc.
3. Digestion Works! A clogged digestive system stops doing its job efficiently.
4. More Energy! As toxic waste leaves the body there can be increased energy.
5. Breathing is easier because your respiratory system becomes free and unclogged.
6. Helps prevent disease. Dr. Elson Haas states, “By regularly purging the body of unhealthy toxins and waste, you can assist the body’s natural defenses and help to prevent disease before it starts.”
7. Brain is clearer. You’ll start to see improved concentration and mental focus–the results of a cleaner system!
8. Joints are more flexible.
9. Feeling of rejuvenation as the body is renewed.
10. Being filled with motivation and creativity as you feel lighter and freer.
What we need is a detox program designed to fit into our life. Too often, people go to cleansing retreats or on a detox diet at home and end up returning to unhealthy eating and drinking habits and lifestyles. That does not work!
I recommend doing a gentle spring/liver cleanse which is easy on the body and you can still continue with your life.
8 Simple things you can do to cleanse your body for two days:
1. Drink more water: start your day with 2 – 3 cups of water every morning.
2. Eat fresh fruits daily: eat a breakfast of fresh juicy fruits (not sweet ones like bananas).
3. Eat lots of vegetables and their juices: for lunch have a big salad and for a snack have fresh vegetable juice.
4. Leave out all cooked food. That means no grains, starches or proteins for these two days.
5. Soaking toxins away in a bath: have an epsom salt bath nightly.
6. Exercise creates sweating: walk up lots of stairs or hills.
7. Breathe fully and deeply: this is something to always do.
8. Sleeping deeply.
Many of these points are ones you can incorporate into your day every day.
Also, to help cleanse: No overeating and no junk food.
There you go: a very simple way to do a spring cleanse at any time of the year.
For myself, I drink two very gentle cleansing yummy teas 365 days a year so I do not need to do special cleanses.
I know most people do not do this so I have put together a Gentle Spring/Liver Cleanse Training.
This offers an online supportive structure for people who know they should be doing something for their health but need the some extra knowledge, inspiration, focus and perhaps hand-holding.