Eggless Benedict with Hollandaise
One of my favorite meals before I became plant-based was an Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise. Never would I have thought it could be recreated without animal products, but everyone seems to love this dish! Enjoy!
Yield : 8 muffin halves Servings : 4 Prep Time : 10m Cook Time : 5m Ready In : 20m
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bread or English muffins (whatever is available or preferred), toasted
- Cayenne pepper, for garnishing
- Paprika, for garnishing
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnishing
- 3/4 cup of soft tofu
- 2 tsp mustard
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Pinch paprika
- Pinch turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the following in a blender for the Hollandaise: tofu, mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, almond milk, oil, soy sauce, and spices. Blend until smooth. Gently warm in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- To assemble: On each half of muffin or toast, place a slice of tomato and a few slices of avocado. Drizzle warmed sauce on top and sprinkle the sauce with a bit of pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.