Yep, you read that right — this here is a recipe for egg salad, sans the egg and mayo! Instead, we have tofu and vegenaise. Though it might not be quite the same as the original, it’s a great substitute for vegans reminiscing about Grandma’s egg salad. And it’s really, really easy!
Vegan “Egg” Salad
- 1 Block drained firm tofu
- 1/3 c. vegenaise
- 1/3 cup sweet relish
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup shallots or red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic power
- 1 tbs mustard
- Paprika, salt & pepper to taste
1. Using a fork, mash tofu in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients until combined well. Garnish with paprika. Voila!
Recipe adapted from About.com.