Eliminate “Bad” Foods from Your Kitchen
Henry Ford said, “Before everything else, getting ready is the secret to success.” So, today, plan for success in creating a healthier and happier version of you. The link between the food choices you make and your overall physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health cannot be stressed enough. Food provides the building blocks of every cell in your body. Food that is heavily processed, loaded with sugars and fats or that contains chemicals in the form of preservatives, colors, and artificial flavors, cannot build life force in your body. It has none to offer.
Before we get started on The Life Force Diet, begin today and over the weekend to cleanse your home of unhealthy foods in preparation for cleansing your body of unhealthy substances. Here are a handful of things you can do over the next few days to prepare for success:
1. Rid your fridge and pantry of items you know are unhealthy. Let’s face it: Most of us don’t need a nutritionist to know we’re eating some foods that are unhealthy. Today’s a great day to make a fresh start for great health by purging these items.
2. Then, begin to read labels on the foods in your home. Look for trans fats and eliminate foods that contain them. They are what I call “plastic fats” that even the strongest liver cannot break down. They have no place in our bodies.
3. Check for ingredients on the label that end in ľose such as glucose, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, maltose, etc. We’ll be discussing these hidden sugars more next week but begin to eliminate foods that contain hidden sugars.
4. Look for artificial ingredients like colors (typically they contain FD&C or just a number such as “1″ or “blue dye number 1″). Throw out these chemical-laced “foods.”
5. Eliminate white flour and sugar and foods made with them.
While it isn’t necessary to eliminate all of these foods over the next few days if it feels too overwhelming to do so, it is a good idea to slowly remove foods that sabotage your health and well-being. If you need to go slower, then by all means do so.
The Life Force Diet is all about creating a healthier, happier version of you. I’ve created a pace for change that is fine for many people, but you still need to respect your specific needs. Change of any kind can be stressful. Keep in mind that by eliminating unhealthful substances, you’re creating room in your home for health and well-being.
But mostly change can provide enormous opportunity. The Life Force Diet is all about change for the sake of the opportunity to experience renewed vitality, resistance against illness, and powerful life force energy.
Just joining the series? Click here to start the Life Force Diet from the beginning. Ready to get started on The Life Force Diet? Post your health intent and find community support and content to help you achieve it!
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC, is a six-time and best-selling book author whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. She is a doctor of natural medicine, holistic nutritionist, and holistic life coach. Visit www.TheLifeForceDiet.com to learn more.
Intent.com provides content and community for who you aspire to be–personally, socially and globally.