Etsy dominates the DIY world. Period. With a mission to “…enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers. Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice: Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade,” Etsy has created a community through their website and videos and has revolutionized the way artists create and market handmade goods, and how people shop for them.
• To minimize cost.
• To personalize and customize projects.
• To create one-of-a-kind items.
• To make gifts that show you care.
• To be challenged to figure out how things work.
• To learn a new skill and keep your mind engaged.
• To enjoy a sense of accomplishment and the satisfaction of creating something useful and beautiful.
• To share something meaningful to you.
• To reduce your environmental footprint.
• To have fun.
Why watch a DIY video?
Part of the allure of Etsy is discovering who the artistic creator is, what their story is about, and the DIY process they use to create their art. Here’s an eco-sampling of Etsy inspiration from some of my favorite DIY-type projects:
Next: Plastic, Gardening, Nature and Furniture Design
Read more: Crafts & Design, Crafts & Hobbies, EcoNesting DIY, Green Home Decor, Home, Materials & Architecture, Nature, Reduce, Recycle & Reuse, Videos, Videos, Videos, art, crafts, DIY, Etsy, furniture, gardening, Green Decor, handmade, interior design, knitting, plastic
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.