7 Things You Can Do:
1. Choose certified green cleaning products for your home.
2. Better yet, use all-natural baking soda, vinegar, and pure orange oil concentrate to clean your home.
3. Send this information to your school’s administration asking them to switch to certified green products.
4. Write to your government representatives demanding stricter labeling laws and better labeling of toxic ingredients.
5. Even better, demand that the toxic ingredients listed above (among others) be banned for use in cleaning products.
6. Sign petitions on Care2 to help support change.
7. Tell your friends and family about these toxic cleaning products and their damaging ingredients, encouraging them to discontinue their use.
Subscribe to my free e-newsletter World’s Healthiest News to receive monthly health news, tips, recipes and more. Follow me on Twitter @mschoffrocook and Facebook. Copyright Michelle Schoffro Cook, PhD.
Read more: Asthma, Babies, Cancer, Caregiving, Children, Conscious Consumer, Eco-friendly tips, General Health, Health, Health & Safety, Healthy Schools, Michelle Schoffro Cook, Non-Toxic Cleaning, Pregnancy, Sexual Health, Smart Shopping, Teens, air deodorizer, air freshener, air purification, air sanitizer, allergies, Alpha HP, benzene, birth defects, chloroform, Citrus-Scrub, cleaning products, cleanse, comet, common toxins, consumer product safety, Consumer Product Safety Commission, consumer products, deodorizer, detox, detoxification, Dr. Cook, endocrine disruptors, Environmental Working Group, Febreze, Febreze Air Effects, Formaldehyde, Goof Off, Health News, healthy air, hormone disruptors, hormone imbalance, indoor air quality, lung detox, Michelle Schoffro Cook, phthalates, Pine-Sol, Pioneer Super Cleaner, purify the air, reproductive defects, Shineline Seal, Simple Green, testosterone, toxic schools, toxins, unhealthy air, Waxie Green, World's Healthiest News
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.