- In 1871, the first cat show was organized in London’s Crystal Palace.
- Sir Isaac Newton’s claim to fame includes describing gravity — and the cat flap. One version of the story suggests that Newton was conducting experiments in a dark room, but his cat Spithead kept opening the door and ruining his experiments. To resolve this problem in a way amenable to both cat and scientist, Newton invented the cat flap.
- Cats are believed to be highly sensitive to vibration and thus able to detect earthquakes 10 to 15 minutes prior to humans.
- Unlike other cats big and small, the clouded leopard has pupils that never get fully round nor morph into slits. Rather, they stay oblong in shape.
- Most cats have 24 whiskers in four rows on each cheek. The upper rows can move independently from the bottom rows.
- A cat’s nose pad has ridges and grooves just like human fingerprints. And like human fingerprints each cat has it own signature nose print.
- For approximately every 30,000 Tortoiseshell cats all will be female except one.
- If you love cats you are an ailurophile. If you have a cat phobia you are ailurophobia.
- If you read all of these facts – and are now reading this one – you must truly be an ailurophile!
Behavior & Communication, Cats, Feline Muse, Fun, Humor & Inspiration, Life, Nature, Nature & Wildlife, Pets, Videos, ailurophile, ailurophobia, cat claws, cat photos, cat whiskers, cats in space, Cherise Udell, clouded leopard, facts about cats, fear of cats, feline facts, Feline Muse, fun cat facts, interesting cat facts, love of cats, meow, Newton and the cat door, Newton and the cat flap, Tabby, where does the word tabby come from?
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.