What is the secret of attraction? We all know people who are not in any sense conventionally beautiful, but we find ourselves drawn to them by something we can’t define.
I think it’s all about allowing a certain kind of primal goddess-nature to shine through us. When we do, we become irresistible.
The following ideas–some ancient and traditional, some very new– encourage us to exude our natural inner radiance, sensuality, and magical juiciness. Who could resist? Try a few of these and see what happens. After all, it is the Beltane season and attraction is in the air!
1. Magical Affirmation. Gaze into a mirror and repeat, “I am a channel for primal goddess energy. This goddess energy needs me to be strong and authentic. The more I am true to myself, the more I am true to her.” Imagine beginning to hold yourself like a goddess, walk like a goddess. Allow a goddess-like sense of dignity and utter loveableness to permeate your very being.
2. Open Ears. Nothing is more powerfully attractive to others than feeling that they are really being heard by you. The charm of someone who truly listens is undeniable. Anoint your ears with oil of lavender to help you open them to others.
3. Magical Underwear. Dust your under things with powdered orrisroot. This dried root of the iris flower has been used for centuries in this way (before the advent of underwear, women used it on the garments closest to their skin.) Think of it as fairy dust helping you to rise above your usual ways of relating. Buy it online or from your favorite herbalist.
4. Chewable Heat. Chew cloves: they’re spicy and delicious, they sweeten your breath, and when you taste the heat on your tongue, remember your own fiery nature and revel in it! Attraction is partly about electricity, about fire and heat. Cloves help us to amp it up.
5. Use a Rune. Draw a rune, (like gyfu, for instance, which is shaped like an “X” and means the giving associated with partnership) on your inner thigh with something that will create a good nontoxic red line (geranium petals and beet juice both work). Just like wearing sexy underwear, even if no one else can see it, you know it’s there–and a sense of mystery and allure will show on your face.
6. The Red Thread. Hair has centuries-old associations with attraction. Mermaid-type sirens called hapless sailors to them by combing their hair. As you brush yours, visualize infusing each strand with the electric power of fascination. Tie a small section of your hair with red thread, where it will not show, if possible. Touch the thread whenever you need to remind yourself of this electric fire.