The ancient Chinese method of Feng Shui helps us to balance our homes and create happier, more successful lives, room by room.
At this time of year, with days growing shorter and nights getting long and chilly, we often turn our attention to the bedroom, the sanctuary where we can rest and recharge.
1. First, draw a roughly square outline of your bedroom on a piece of paper. The wall that has the primary entrance to your room in it should be the lower line of the square.
2. Divide the square into nine equal squares, three rows of 3 squares each.
3. Start with the lowest row of squares, that describes the areas when you first walk into your bedroom. The far left corner of the room when you first enter is the area of Knowledge. The center square relates to Career, and the right-hand square is Helpful People/Travel.
4. Now look at the central row of squares, that describes the middle of your bedroom. The far left square relates to Family/Health. The central square is the Tao, or Center, and the right-hand square is Creativity/Children.
5. Lastly, look at the top row of squares. The far left square relates to Wealth, the central square to Fame/Reputation, and the far right square to Relationships/Romance.
Your layout should look something like this: