Are you in a place in your life where you desire to develop your spiritual connection? To cultivate a mind that is more peaceful and a lifestyle more deeply connected to who you truly are? Perhaps you are learning a new skill or committed to working on yourself?
According to Feng Shui you can enhance key energy centers of your home, which will correspondingly move the chi in this area of your life. In this portion of my Bagua series, we will look at how to enhance your home to support the development of self-cultivation, spirituality and learning.
This part of our home is called the Knowledge and Self-Cultivation area and has to do with the developing our inner connection to self and to source energy. It is about self-reflection, self-actualization and personal growth, the ability to honestly look at who we are and where our lives are headed. It is also about learning and acquiring knowledge whether you are in school, taking a course or learning a new job.
Work with enhancing this area of your home when you:
- Are interested in developing your spiritual path
- Are in therapy and working on past and present issues
- Are interested in starting a spiritual practice such as meditation
- Feel the need to slow down and spend more time on self-reflection
- Desire to get out in nature more and connect to the innate wisdom of the universe
- Are starting a new path of learning
- Are in school and want to create an atmosphere conducive to focus and study
- Are starting a new job that requires using new skills and assimilating a large amount of information quickly
- Are interested in cultivating a more peaceful mind and/or lifestyle
If you are working with any of the areas listed above, Feng Shui teaches that you can work with the corresponding Knowledge and Self-Cultivation area of your home to activate the energy (chi) and get this part of your life moving in a direction that you desire.
Next: How to Locate and Enhance the Knowledge and Self-Cultivation Area of your Home