Until the latest issue of Bon Appetit arrived in my mailbox last week, I was both a pizza addict and afraid of making pizza dough. Not a good combination at all! But, after taking the tips from the culinary masterminds behind Bon Appetit, I’ve conquered that ever-intimidating pizza dough! Check out this amazing recipe for (no-knead!) pizza dough from Jim Lahey.
Perfect Pizza Dough
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, finely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1. Whisk ingredients with a wooden spoon. Add 1 1/2 cups water gradually and stir well until even. Gently form dough into a ball with your hands and transfer to a clean bowl.
2. Using plastic wrap, cover dough and let rise. This should be done at room temperature and will take around 18 hours. It’s ready when the dough’s size has about doubled and it’s surface is covered with small bubbles.
3. Flour work surface and move dough to begin gently shaping it into a rectangle-esque shape. You’ll want to divide it into three equally sized portions and work on each portion individually.
4. Create four folds by gathering the four corners together. Turn dough upside down and gently shape into a ball; dust with flour, set aside and work on remaining portions.
5. For about an hour, let the portions rest while covered in plastic wrap. When the dough is flexible and soft, it’s ready to be worked with!
For tips on making the pizzas, see next page!
See Also: Homemade Sriracha Sauce