- Toilet Paper Tube Planter -
What you’ll need:
- Soil from the garden or some potting mix
- A couple of large seeds
- Empty toilet paper tubes
- Take your empty toilet paper tube and stand it upright in a small container (ie, an old organic soy yogurt container or something like that).
- Pack the toilet paper tube with soil. This will work best if the soil is somewhat moist.
- Sow a single bean or seed in the toilet roll tube.
- Water the seed regularly.
- When the seed germinates, plant the whole tube in the garden.
Tips: This activity works particularly well with peas, sunflowers, and other larger seeds.
Next: A new take on the classic scarecrow