- Easy Bird Feeder –
What you’ll need:
- A string or a position off the ground to place your bird feeder
- A good-sized pinecone
- Nut or seed butter of some sort
- Birdseed or a mix of sunflower seeds and millet
- Tie a string to the top of your pinecone or find a secure place off the ground to set your feeder once it is finished.
- Take the pinecone and smear a light layer of nut or seed butter on the outside of the pinecone (so the seeds will stick.)
- Sprinkle birdseed or your mix of sunflower and millet over the pinecone until it is completely covered with seeds.
- Hang the feeder in a tree or place it somewhere the birds will be able to reach it off the ground.
- Sit back and watch them enjoy their treat.
Variation: Take a whole apple and press nuts and seeds into the outside of the apple.
Next: Making music with nature