Get Glowing! How-To
I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day and yipes!
My skin looked so tired, dull, and lifeless. You could tell I was
in serious need of a little sparkle. So I did some research and
found these great all-natural ways to get the glow back, and then
I tried them myself (and they worked!).
If you could use a little more glow, these easy tips and
techniques–including a great orange juice and yogurt mask, simple
exfoliating techniques, a fabulous face-wash formula, and a few
other fun ideas–are for you. Your skin will thank you! And it
can all happen just in time to sparkle for the holidays.
1. Exercise will make tired, dull skin glow. I had been spending way too much time sitting at the computer: a brisk walk outdoors helps to bring the roses back to our cheeks and some sparkle to our eyes.
2. Drink water. I blush to admit that even though I know it‘s good for me, I just don‘t enjoy drinking water. But when I force myself to glug some down, the results are well worth it.
3. Exfoliate. Nothing makes skin look more lifeless than the dead cells hanging around on the surface. A gentle exfoliant is just the thing to gently rinse away the dead cells so fresh new ones can have room to grow! Try some of the Cornmeal Kitchen Cupboard Beauty Tips easy exfoliating formulas.
4. Slather on this delicious Perk-Up Mask:
Just mix 1 teaspoon plain, unflavored yogurt with the juice of 1/4 orange. Combine and smooth onto face. Allow to remain on skin for five to ten minutes, then rinse with warm water. The vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acids in orange juice are great for livening up the skin, and yogurt is a lovely gentle cleanser and nourisher.
5. Add a little sheen. Substances that reflect light help to give skin a lovely, lively sheen. Try a light all-natural moisturizer on your cheekbones, and under the arch of your brows to give a little added sparkle.
6. Fabulous Face Wash.
Just use buttermilk or yogurt to wash your face in the morning! Apply to skin, then rinse as usual. A sweet, gentle way to nourish your skin and remove dead cells without abrasion.
By Cait Johnson, Assistant Producer, Care2 Healthy Living Channels.