Perfect for holiday gatherings, this cake is rich, moist and delicious with a wonderful orange flavor accented by chocolate chips. Serve with or without whipped cream.
2 oranges, navel
3/4 cup agave nectar
2 cups almond flour
˝ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
1 ˝ cups chocolate chips or chunks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash oranges and boil them whole (yes the whole thing) for 1 hour, or until soft.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place whole oranges (with peeling) in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs, flour, salt, agave and baking soda to food processor until well blended. Remove and place batter in bowl.
- Add in vanilla protein powder and mix until blended. Then fold in chocolate.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch spring form cake pan. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool pan for 2 hours and serve.
Total cooking time: 2 hours