Basic Cat Food
from Ecolife: A guide to Green living
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil or salmon oil
- 2.7 grams of feline vitamin/mineral supplement
- 30 grams of potato, cooked without skin
- 50 grams of carbs (choose one: cooked pasta, white rice, barley, oatmeal, peas)
- 83 grams of cooked animal protein (whole meat chicken, lamb, rabbit, beef, pork, tuna, salmon)
Mix all of the ingredients together (a blender works really well for this purpose) and store the food in the fridge until needed.
from Healthy Recipes for Pets
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 cup boiled rice
- 1/4 cup pureed liver
- 2-3 sprigs parsley chopped
Drain the tuna and mix everything together. Make 6-7 balls and then pat them into patties. Store in the fridge and serve to your cat. This is one cat treat recipe that your feline friend won’t be finicky about.
from the book Natural Cat Care by Christopher Day:
This meal is also good enough for human consumption. So get out two plates, for kitty and you.
- Rabbit meat (wild or domestic), boned and cut into small pieces
- A little olive oil
- A few springs of parsley, rosemary, marjoram and thyme
- Vegetable stock (unsalted, so best home prepared)
- Sweet potato, carrot, celery, leek, turnip, peas
Sautee the rabbit chunks in the olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs. Add the stock water and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and place in a medium-low oven until cooked through. Add the chopped vegetable and peas and return to the oven for a another 45 minutes. Let cool, then give to kitty.
- 1 can salmon (or fresh salmon)
- 1 tablespoon cooked, mashed broccoli
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon brewer’s yeast
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir together and serve. Keep any leftovers refrigerated, and discard after three days.
also from LovetoKnowCats
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated carrot
- 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mash ingredients together and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and discard after three days.
Next: More resources for making your own cat food