Blueberries are extremely high in health giving phytochemicals. And why is that so important? Because they’re good, good, good for you!
Many of the phytochemicals listed below provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits:
- Anthocyanins (malvidins, delphinidins, pelargonidins, cyanidins, peonidins)
- Flavonols (kaempferol, quercetin, myricetin)
- Hydroxycinnamic acids (caffeic acids, ferulic acids, coumaric acids)
- Hydroxybenzoic acids (coumaric acids)
- Hydroxybenzoic acids (gallic acids, procatchuic acids)
And these are only some of the phytochemicals we’ve studied so far!
Along with all of these beautiful nutrients, blueberries are also a good source of vitamins including:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
All of these vitamins and phytonutrients gives blueberries their wonderful smell, color, flavor AND health benefits!