Humans are relational beings, and most of us would like our relationships with others to be deeper, richer, more easeful, and healthy.
These affirmations are good reminders of the steps we can take–the qualities we can embody–in order to being our relationships into the best possible balance and health. Read them here:
1. I am loving and kind toward myself and others.
2. I am cooperative.
3. I give and receive the support that is needed.
4. I am fully honest with myself and others.
5. I am independent.
6. I respect the choices of others.
7. I listen with an open heart.
8. I say “no” when I need to.
9. I ask for support when I need it.
10. I am sensitive and respectful of others.
11. I am clear and express my truth in a timely manner.
12. I respond to conflict gracefully, truthfully, and easily.
13. I remember that conflict is an opportunity to learn; I welcome reconciliation.
14. I am enriched by differences.
15. I am ethical.
Adapted from Meditations on Everything Under the Sun, by Margo Adair (New Society Publishers, 2001). Copyright (c) 2001 by Margo Adair. Reprinted by permission of New Society Publishers.
Adapted from Meditations on Everything Under the Sun, by Margo Adair (New Society Publishers, 2001).
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.