Healthy Portion Sizes with Dr. Ro (video)
- Nicole, selected from Parent Earth
- May 26, 2011
- 8:30 am
We recently caught up with Dr. Ro, a nutritionist, bestselling author and Parent Earth expert. She shares some simple tips to help us make better food choices. A recent study from Cornell University suggests we make about 250 food decisions every day. Dr. Ro stresses the importance of planning a well-balanced meal that takes into account portion control and consuming more fresh fruits and vegetables.
Dr. Ro’s advice:
- Design your plate to have at least three quarters of vegetables, fruit and grains.
- Include a small serving of lean protein (fish, meat or chicken)
- Switch to whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat breads, whole wheat pasta)
- Try new grains such as barley, oat or quinoa.
- Teach your children healthy eating habits from an early age.
Read more: All recipes, Appetizers & Snacks, Babies, Basics, Children, Diabetes, Diet & Nutrition, Eating for Health, Entrees, Family, Food, Health, Smart Shopping, Videos, Videos, Videos, Dr. Ro, food video, parentearth.com, portion size, raising healthy kids
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.