Healthy Thai Lime Tofu
When Deborah and I first met with the Care2.com team to plan our “Nourishing the Heart” columns, we served lunch prepared by our HeartMath kitchen, which creates heart nourishing recipes and dishes for our staff. Robyn from Care2 expressed her appreciation for a tofu dish we served. So, in her honor, we would like to share this recipe called “Thai Lime Tofu” with you.
Thai Lime Tofu
Tofu is an excellent source of protein. It truly is a blank canvas when it comes to cooking it. This recipe combines the buttery texture of earth balance, the zest of lime with a kick of red chili paste to give your tofu a luscious and zippy Thai flavor.
20 oz. Firm Tofu
1 med shallot, minced
1 ½ teaspoons Thai red chili paste
½ cup earth balance
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon minced ginger
2 ½ Tablespoon lime juice
1/3 bunch cilantro, minced
Zest from a whole lime
1. Melt earth balance in microwavable container or on stove to melted, not boiling.
2. Add in chili paste and whisk until chili paste melts into earth balance.
3. Add minced shallots, lime zest, salt, ginger, lime juice and cilantro.
4. Pre heat oven to 375.
5. Drain tofu well and cut in ½ inch slabs. Marinate in ¾ of the sauce for 40 minutes in baking pan.
6. Bake tofu uncovered for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, drizzle with remaining drippings from pan and then top with leftover sauce and serve.
From the HeartMath Kitchen