The Festive Meal Includes:
- Nutritious Nut Loaf - Filled with nutritious nuts and seeds.
- Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce – Diana’s healthy version of a favorite.
- Baked Squash with Vegetables – Lots of alkalizing vegetables for dinner.
- Asparagus with Lemon Juice – A special veg with lemon juice.
- Wheat-Free Ginger Cake – You won’t believe how good this tastes. Your body can also feel how balanced it is!
Links to all the recipes are above. Basic ingredients are listed below for your quick review and shopping list.
Busted Thanksgiving Myth:
It was generally understood that the people got sleepy because of the amino acid tryptophan in the turkey of their Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. Tryptophan in the brain then helps to create serotonin which makes us happy and sleepy.
It turns out any protein meal has enough tryptophan to possibly cause sleepiness – even a vegan meal.
The real culprit is all the carbohydrates. The carbohydrates cause a rush of insulin which in turn causes the muscles of the body to absorb all amino acids except tryptophan. This leaves a high percentage of tryptophan in the brain and voila – you are on the couch sleeping and not helping clean up.
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
10 almonds for decoration
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup short grain brown rice
1/3 cup soya flour
4-6 tbsp Braggs or soya sauce
2 pieces of celery
1/4 cup water
2 tsp basil
2 tsp. marjoram
2 tbsp flax meal