The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
To develop a relationship with our intuition, all we need is the willingness to take a few steps that will help us to cultivate it. First of all, the Divine voice within does not speak in a loud, commanding voice. When we ask for help, we have to calm ourselves down enough to hear the still, small voice inside.
Here are five simple steps to follow so that you can begin to hear the voice of divine wisdom and guidance inside you.
1. Get into the habit of tuning into the voice within your gut rather than the one in your head. Remember the Albert Einstein quote above. We have somehow gotten things turned around. We need to go to our intuition for guidance, then to our brilliant, creative minds for support and implementation.
2. Talk to your inner wisdom throughout the day and ask for guidance whenever you need it. Turn off the radio and television once in awhile so that you regularly have periods of silence.
3. Take time away from people, so you can focus within at times. Put your focus deep within, in the middle of your body. Ask your divine intelligence if it’s in there, and slowly but surely you’ll feel a subtle inner response.
4. Connecting with your intuition, your divine intelligence, may be a long process, and you have to trust the timing of it. Be patient. It probably won’t happen as fast as you want it to, but just keep reminding yourself that it’s well worth whatever time is required.
5. Keep in mind, when trying to discern the different voices inside, that intuition does not give emotional responses. Whenever you get a feeling to do something and it has an emotion attached to it–like fear, anger, shame, or guilt–that is definitely not intuition.