Learning to generate a heart coherent state to access our intuitive intelligence at the onset of stressful feelings and reactions can help prevent many stress-producing scenarios and creates a much easier transit and flow through our daily challenges. Our intuition helps us to attune our mental and emotional nature to the most reasonable and effective way for responding to each situation that life brings us—challenging, normal, or creative. We call it practical intuition, and see it as the most important function of intuition.
Practicing heart coherence a few minutes several times a day helps you be more conscious and intuitive at choice points – you get to choose your actions and reactions rather than mechanically responding in the same old stress-producing behavior patterns. Here are some practical situations where accessing heart intuition can be very helpful.
- Making better choices for higher outcomes.
- Increasing your capacity for discerning direction in sensitive situations.
- Deciding when is it time to speak up or when is it time to hold back.
- Determining what attitude you should bring to a particular situation.
- Detecting when life is feeding back to us that we need to change an attitude, disposition.
- To help guide your diet and health choices
As HeartMath founder Doc Childre says, “Accessing heart intuition is not one quick trick. (Some think it is and that’s why many people get frustrated with intuition.) You have to practice opening and connecting with the heart for intuition to grow within you. Opening your heart, practicing more heart connection with people, listening from the heart, draw in more intuition. Self-compassion, self-forgiveness, and having compassion and forgiveness for others, draw in more intuition. Intuition is just the voice of who you really are.” We have a choice in every moment to ‘take to heart’ the importance of activating our heart’s intuitive intelligence and guidance.