Remember this recipe the next time youíre getting ready to go to your high school reunion! Itís very effective at tightening the skin under the chin and the neck and can also reduce any puffiness in your cheeks.
Here are the easy directions:
This recipe is too drying for the eye area, so avoid applying it there.
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup orrisroot (a dried product of the lily family. Find it online at your favorite herbal shop)
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tablespoons dulse (a kind of seaweed; buy it at your local natural foods store)
2 tablespoons kelp (another kind of seaweed; available at your local natural foods store)
1/2 cup distilled water
Several strips of 8Ē by 8í torn bed sheets, gauze, or other clean cotton material
1. Sift together the baking soda, orrisroot, and sea salt into a large bowl.
2. In a spice mill, powder the dulse and kelp and add to dry ingredients.
3. Heat the distilled water to boiling, then pour over the dry ingredients.
4. Stir thoroughly.
1. Wear a shirt with a fairly low neckline for easy access to your neck and chin.
2. Moisturize the jaw, chin, neck, and cheek area of your face with a light moisturizer or vegetable oil. Dab your face with a cloth to remove any exc3ess oil or moisturizer.
3. Using a wooden spoon, apply the mixture to the jaw, chin, neck, and cheeks.
4. Immediately wrap the sheets or gauze snugly first around the neck, then from the chin around the head several times, to just below the eyes. Next, wrap sheet or gauze up over the top of the head and under the china few times to secure.
5. Relax and be quiet until the mixture and sheets become dry and tight (approx. 30 minutes). No talking–this will stretch the sheets and keep you from getting the results you desire.
6. Rinse your face and neck with the coldest water you can bear. Notice the surprising softening effects on your skin.