Get Your Fill With These Holiday Recipes
One of my favorite things about the holidays is the food — I’m sure many of you agree with me. How can I say no to bowl upon heaping bowl of all my favorite goodies, both salty and sweet? (Answer: I can’t.)
If you’re responsible for creating holiday dishes as well as consuming them, here are five holiday-friendly recipe ideas that are sure to please you, your family and your friends.
1. These wholesome holiday bread recipes are both healthy and flavorful. The recipes include pumpkin bread, banana nut bread, and cranberry nut bread, and will help you create nutritious loaves to feature on your holiday table.
2. Holiday food preparation can be a breeze with these holiday food tips and seasonal recipes. The recipes are high in volume but low in fat. They’re also diverse, so you can find something for everyone to enjoy.
3. Vegetarian? Not a problem. These ideas for meat-free meals won’t leave you feeling hungry or neglected, and will fit the festive bill just fine — think stuffed pumpkins, cranberry sauce, creamed baby onions, and baked apples with cinnamon.
4. You can’t forget about the sweets, of course! But it is easy to forget about the fat, cholesterol, and sugar that accompany cookies and treats. These healthier holiday cookie recipes will satisfy your sweet tooth without neglecting your health. Using ginger in holiday treats is also a great way to create tasty holiday fixings while boosting your immune system.
5. Still have to find gifts for a few folks on your list? Here’s how to make homemade holiday food gifts for your friends and family, including recipes for flavored oils, holiday breads, biscotti, and homemade chocolates. The recipients — and their tastebuds — will surely thank you.
If you have any holiday recipe ideas, feel free to share them below. Stay safe this season, and happy holidays!
Related Care2 articles:
- Recipe for Warming Winter Cocoa
- Simple Handmade Holiday Gifts
- Cozy Fall Cooking: Try These Pumpkin Recipes
Photo from Fotolia