Homemade Bath Bombs
Bath bombs — which are hard-packed dry ingredients that dissolve when put in water — are a great gift you can make yourself with just a few ingredients. Throw them in your own bath or gift them to a friend to make any bath more fragrant and enjoyable!
Makes 4 bath bombs
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1 cup citric acid (get this online)
- 1 tbsp. hempseed oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 15 drops essential oil for fragrance
- (you can get all of these ingredients online)
1. Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix this very well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. The coconut oil will be solid, so microwave it first until it is melted. When you add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix quickly and thoroughly. Pack in large cupcake holders and let them harden overnight.
Note: You can substitute cocoa butter or shea butter for the hempseed or sunflower, but make sure that you’re using oils that haven’t had anything added to them.
For more information or to subscribe at the introductory price of $10 a year, go to positivelygreen.com. Positively Green magazine launched in 2008 as a quarterly women’s magazine that covers every aspect of green from eco-friendly vacations to green fashion to green health. With articles that don’t just explain the problems, they outline solutions for busy people who want to make the change but don’t have the time to research solutions.