Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Recipe)
Chocolate candies that are actually easy! Try out these homemade chocolate peanut butter cups — just in time for Halloween.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Cup creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 32 Ounces high-quality milk or dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Mini cupcake wrappers
- Heat-proof measuring cup
1. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar and salt.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate until smooth. Transfer melted chocolate to heat-proof measuring cup.
3. Place cupcake wrappers on baking sheet. Carefully pour chocolate into each wrapper, fully covering the bottom, about 1/8″ inch. Flatten out the chocolate by gently lifting and dropping the baking sheet on the counter. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool chocolate for about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, lay out a sheet of parchment paper on the counter. Shape the peanut butter mixture into discs, transferring each disc to parchment. Remove cooling chocolate from the fridge. Carefully place a peanut butter disc in each wrapper.
5. Pour remaining chocolate over each peanut butter cup until just covered. If the chocolate isn’t warm enough to pour, gently reheat on the stove. Gently lift and drop tray again. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Let sit on the counter for 5 minutes to bring to room temperature.
Recipe Credit: Food52.