How to Get What You Want
If itís so easy to manifest what you desire using the power of intention, how come everybody doesnít have what they want? Because theyíre missing a vitally important law, thatís why. One of our greatest living teachers shares the secret to getting what you want.
How can you harness the power of intention to fulfill your dreams and desires? You can get results through effort, but if you follow these five steps, your intention will generate its own power:
1. Center yourself in the silent space between your thoughts–in the essential state of Being.
2. Release your intentions and desires with the expectation that they will bloom when the season is right.
3. Keep your desires to yourself; do not share them with anyone else unless they are closely bonded with you.
4. Relinquish your attachment to the outcome.
5. Let the universe handle the details.
Remember, your true nature is one of pure potentiality. You donít need to look at yourself through the eyes of the world, or allow yourself to be influenced by the opinions of others. Remain established in the awareness of your true self. Carry the awareness of your spirit wherever you go, gently release your desires, and the universe will orchestrate all the details for you.
To Experience the Law of Intention and Desire
* Make a list of your intentions and desires, and look at this list before you go into silence, before you go to sleep at night, and when you wake up in the morning.
* Release your desires to the field of pure potentiality, trusting it to handle all the details for you. Know that when things donít seem to go your way, there is a reason.
* Practice present-moment awareness in all your actions. Refuse to allow obstacles to consume your attention in the present moment.
Adapted from The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, by Deepak Chopra (Amber-Allen Publishing, 2007).