- Real, honest open communication is highly valued — and takes real skill and effort.
- When we slow down and learn to trust ourselves, joy arises naturally.
- When we slow down and learn to trust ourselves, creativity arises naturally.
- Self-knowledge and understanding require persistence and perseverance. Developing awareness and balance is an ongoing, unending process.
- Self-knowledge and understanding require discipline. Whatever path we take requires structure, guidelines, and feedback.
- Self-knowledge and understanding require courage.
- Diversity is essential. Our differences enrich our lives. There is no “other,” just as our right hand is not a stranger to our left hand.
- A simple rule to follow is do good, avoid harm. Of course, this is not simple or easy.
- There are many paths and many practices toward developing awareness and personal growth.
- Our everyday lives and activities provide fertile ground for developing growth and understanding.
- We can learn to appreciate the gifts we’ve received from our parents and to forgive them. We understand on a deep level all we have received from the generations that have come before us.
- We feel a deep responsibility for our children and for the generations that will come after us.
- We can all act as change agents. We can choose to take action in improving and healing our environment and our society. There is no shortage of issues to address, of healing to take place.
- We are all change agents on a personal level — we either create healing amongst those we live and work with or we create stress.
- We can choose to act as change agents in relation to our communities.
- We can choose to act as change agents in relation to our society or on a global level.
- Everything we hold as dear will one day change and disappear. Every business that now exists will one day cease. Every person now alive will one day die.
- At a deep level, we realize that we are neither in control nor not in control. Our task is to paddle the boat, with awareness and integrity. The flow of the river is outside our doing.
- We all have the power to find peace and happiness in the midst of change and impermanence.
- We have the power to heal ourselves, our communities, and our planet.
Guidance, Inspiration, Spirit, zen
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.