If you are unsure and would first like to taste the unique flavors of wild mushrooms, you might find them for sale at your farmers’ market, local mycological society, or even online. Although there are many ways to prepare them in recipes, here is a favorite I created to help get you started.
Wild Mushroom Lentil Salad
1. Place the butternut, onion, and garlic in a medium size bowl.
2. Drizzle with half the oil and a small amount of salt. Mix to coat well.
3. Spread on a well-oiled baking sheet and place in a pre-heated 400-degree oven.
4. Roast until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté the mushrooms and elephant garlic in the butter plus oil for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
6. Prepare the Anchovy dressing (see below).
7. When squash is done, assemble on 4 plates: squash, onion, and French lentils.
8. Drizzle anchovy dressing over the vegetables, top with the mushrooms, then the feta cheese, and finally the walnuts.
9. Serve while squash is still warm.
Yields 4 servings
Place ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Refrigerate when not using.
Read more: All recipes, Blogs, Environment, Food, Nature, Nature & Wildlife, Outdoor Activities, Rejuvenate your Body with Delia Quigley, Side Dishes, Soups & Salads, lentil, mushrooms, mycology, wild mushrooms
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.