Indoor Allergins: Mold
Mold spores are nearly everywhere, and create a number of potential health concerns from allergies to asthma, to chronic illnesses. Mold thrives on dark, moist, bacteria-laden surfaces, most often found in bathrooms and kitchens. Controlling mold is largely a matter of controlling moisture.
Tips on Mold Control:
• Keep plumbing in good repair.
• Control home moisture levels below 40 percent.
• Wipe your shower clean after each use.
• Run ventilation fans during and after you shower or cook.
• Open curtains and shades and let the light in to avoid mold growth.
• Check basement and roof for leaks.
• If you discover mold, hire a professional.
Organic Spa Magazine is a national consumer lifestyle magazine about bringing spa wisdom into the modern green lifestyle. For a free digital subscription, click here.