Holy moly, is the junk mail in your mailbox in overdrive right now? During the holiday months, it feels like my postman delivers tons of holiday catalogs and offers – more than during any other time of year. If you’re watching the junk mail stack up, try some of these junk mail crafts!
Of course, the best way to reduce the impact from all of that junk mail is to stop getting it in the first place. There are a few ways that you can curb the junk mail:
- Contact the catalog directly - there should be a number or website somewhere on the catalog, and you may be able to opt out by contacting the company
- Catalog Choice – this company offers free and paid services to help you stop the flow of junk mail
- Stop the Red Plum Catalog – for some reason, it’s extra tough to opt out of those annoying offers from Red Plum. David Quilty at The Good Human tells you how to opt out of the Red Plum mailing list.
- Stop Credit Card Offers – credit card offers come in like crazy this time of year, and you can opt out of all pre-screened credit card offers here.
- Direct Marketers Association – Tell the DMA to stop sending you junk mail!
The trouble is, even if you opt out now, it can take anywhere from weeks to months for them to “process” your request. That seems like a terribly long time to keep flooding your mailbox with unwanted offers, so until your requests get…processed…don’t get mad, get crafty! Check out our list of 25 ways to reuse junk mail on the next page!