4. Leek Quesadillas.
- 4 leeks, light green and white parts only; cut lengthwise, thinly sliced and well rinsed
- Olive or vegetable oil
- 8 tortillas
- 1 1/3 cup chèvre cheese
- 1 1/3 cup mozzarella, grated
- Torn fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, torn
- Green onion, finely chopped
- Spinach or arugula, chopped
1. Heat heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil, or enough to coat the pan. Add in leeks and a pinch of salt and stir frequently over medium-low heat until the leeks are lightly brown and tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
2. Assemble quesadillas. Cover tortilla with your desired amounts of cheese, leeks and whatever else you are using. Add another tortilla over the toppings.
3. Place quesadilla in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat for about 2-4 minutes, until tortilla is golden brown. Flip quesadilla carefully, add more oil if necessary, and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted From: Sprouted Kitchen.