Laurie David, Parent Earth Expert, award-wining producer and Author of “The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time”, has thought a lot about food and family. Eating dinner together has shaped her family and helped her develop open and intimate relationships with her two daughters – no small feat with tweens and teens. In this Parent Earth video, she shares her tried and true family food rules. What are yours?
Laurie David’s 5 Family Food Rules:
1. No screens of any kind: cell phones, televisions, and computers
2. Everyone comes to the table, no excuses
3. Only serve filtered tap water in glasses at the table
4. Serve dessert to pace the meal: fruit, tea or a little square of chocolate
5. Cook for the family, not just for the kids
Watch the video to learn her handy tricks to pulling this off!
Family Food Rules from Melora Hardin
Read more: All recipes, Basics, Children, Desserts, Diet & Nutrition, Eating for Health, Family, Food, General Health, Health, Inspiration, Mental Wellness, Spirit, Uncategorized, Videos, Videos, Videos, eating, family dinner, food culture, healthy dinner, healthy food, healthy kids, Laurie David, slow food, The Family Dinner
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.