Learn How to Make Your Own Natural Body Scrub
When it comes to DIY projects, there’s nothing I love more than making my own beauty products. Just think about all the money you spend on these items every year, and how difficult it can be to find brands that you trust and scents that you love. For a little effort (and a lot less money!) you can make your own products, customizing them to fit YOUR needs and likes. It’s a win-win! Though it may take some experimentation, most products aren’t too hard to create.
Today, I want to share with you two of my favorite DIY recipes for making your own natural body scrubs. While you likely have a body wash you already love, scrubs are a great way to exfoliate your skin while boosting circulation. It’s one of those little-used bathroom products that’s actually important and really great for you!
Here are two of my favorites:
LEMON BODY SCRUB
- Body oil
- Epsom salt, sea salt or organic cane sugar (my favorite)
- 12 oz. jar with cap
- Lemon zest
- Combine 1 cup of body oil with 2 cups of Epsom or sea salt or organic cane sugar (depending on how fine a grain you like).
- Add lemon zest for color and fragrance. Package in a jar.
Source: Martha Stewart
ROSEMARY-LAVENDER SALT SCRUB
- 6 to 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon culinary grade lavender
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup kosher salt (or something equally coarse)
- In a container with tight-fitting cover, mix all ingredients.
- To use, place approximately 1 tablespoon scrub at a time on skin (avoid eye area). Scrub onto skin in a circular motion using washcloth or hands. Leave on 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry with towel.
Source: Betty Crocker
Have you ever made your own beauty products? Let us know in the comments below!