A perfect appetizer for your next dinner party, or just a fancy night in!
1. Leek and Blue Cheese Toasts
- 3 Large leeks, white and pale green parts, cleaned and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing toasts
- Coarse Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 6 1/2 slices baguette
- 2 Ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1. Turn oven to a broil.
2. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, place oil and butter. When the butter is melted and sizzling, stir in leeks. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat down the low and cover. Simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
3. Meanwhile, with a pastry brush, brush oil onto bread slices. Sprinkle some salt on the slices. Broil in oven until slices are light toasted. Divide blue cheese among toasts evenly, and then divide leeks evenly on top of the slightly melted cheese. Let cool for a minute or two before serving.
Recipe Credit: Smitten Kitchen.