Ice cream comes loaded with calories, and low-cal versions simply don’t taste that great. That is why there is ‘fruit cream’—easy to dish up at home, and so good for you!
What you need:
What you do:
1. Pour the yogurt into a muslin cloth, tie it up tightly and hang it over a bowl for a couple of hours, letting the whey drain out.
2. Chill the yogurt in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Now place the creamy yogurt into a big bowl, add sugar, and whisk gently for a couple of minutes, adding single cream to thin it out and make it easier to stir.
4. When the cream, sugar and yogurt are well combined, layer them into a glass bowl with fresh fruit of your choice, topping the dessert with berries (in India, we’re enjoying mango season right now, and nothing quite matches the taste of fresh mangoes sliced into this heavenly sea of cream…). An aside: apples, melons and papaya aren’t too exciting an addition. Try grapes, banana, pineapple cubes, and of course as many kinds of berries as you can!
5. You can add nuts, raisins, honey, or cinnamon to make it more interesting.
This is a dessert I love. It is silken, not too sweet, and contains the goodness of fresh fruits and the healing benefits of yogurt. Since childhood, we’ve called it ‘fruit cream,’ though I am sure it goes by many other names all over the world.
Do share your ideas on how to make this dessert even more delicious!
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.