Luscious Carrot and Yam Coconut Soup
With an amazing texture, this soup makes you melt when you eat it Ė itís that good! Itís great for people on non-dairy diets since coconut milk is used. The curry can be adjusted based on how hot or mild you like it.
Ĺ lb. carrots, peeled and sliced in half moons
2 large yams, peeled and cut in chunks
4×13.6 oz. cans coconut milk
3 cups water or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon curry powder or paste
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss carrots and yams in olive oil and place in pan. Bake in oven about 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables become caramelized.
- Place vegetables in soup pot. Add broth to pot and cook on medium/low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and spices. Continue to simmer on low for another 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and puree until very smooth in a blender or use a hand blender.
Total cooking time: 45 minutes
Up Next – Potato and Cauliflower Mash